This is great news. It means we're going to write our first ever community opera, and perform it in venues in Norfo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
We recently performed Pitter Patter Raindrops, the latest incarnation of our OAE TOTs concerts at Southbank Centre and The Anvil, Basingstoke. To those that came: thank you. We had great fun and hope you did too.
If you’d like to listen again to any of the music again. here’s an idea of what we played:
– The orchestra started with a rousing opener: Telemann Overture Suite TWV55:D17, A la trompette.
– Our Hello song uses an Allegro from Handel’s Water Music. You also heard the string family playing Rigaudon and Hornpipe from Water Music too.
– The double bass and violin together played the March from Biber’s La Battalia.
– Our windy weather included Telemann’s Overture Suite TWV 55: F3, No. 8 Fanfare and No. 3 Sarabande.
– We had fun in the rain to the second movement of Winter from Four Seasons by Vivaldi, an extract of Haydn Surprise Symphony second movement, and more Telemann TWV 55: F3, No. 5 La Badinerie.
– Summer sun and storms were depicted by Vivaldi in the second and third movements of Summer (Four Seasons).
Have listen to a few of these below (via Spotify).
Hope to see you for Splashing About, our third OAE TOTS concert in the Watercycle series – Southbank Centre April 12th.