The Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. We will never sell your data to a third party.
We want to communicate with you about what we do in a manner that you will find appropriate, timely and respectful. We also want to provide you with the best possible service so that your enjoyment of our artistic activity is as good as it can be. To do this we use data that we have stored about you.
What data do we process?
OAE Marketing collects the following data:
- information about the previous events you have booked with us, as well as any preferences you may have told us about;
- name, postal and/or email address, phone number and payment details; these data are collected when you subscribe to our email or mailing list, purchase a ticket or sign up to one of our events.
How we obtain your data
There are currently some differences in how we obtain and process the data which you provide when booking tickets. This depends on the particular event in question.
For Southbank Centre-related ticketing purposes we have a shared database with a consortium which currently includes (in addition to the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment), the Southbank Centre, Philharmonia Orchestra, London Philharmonic Orchestra and London Sinfonietta. Other similar arts organisations may join in the future. While other members of the consortium can view your name and contact details, although they cannot contact you with marketing or fund-raising communications without your consent.
The Night Shift
When buying tickets for The Night Shift Monthly, your order will be processed by our box office provider, The Little Box Office. (Note: we also have a record of historic data collected by Eventbrite in respect of previous ticket sales for OAE events such as The Night Shift. We have online access to data held by Eventbrite for auditing purposes.) Payment is handled separately and securely through Braintree Payments, although we may keep a note of the first six and last four numbers and expiry date to help us to identify a transaction. (This information is collected by Braintree and passed to us.)) You will be given the option to opt-in to receiving marketing communications about The Night Shift and if you consent you will be added our The Night Shift email list. Your contact details will be held in the event that we need to contact you about your booking.
Other events & venues
When booking for any other events or venues, your information will be processed by the host venue or promoter in accordance with their own privacy policies. You may be asked if you would like your data to be shared with us. If you would like this to happen, your information will be transferred to us securely and stored on our database.
Booking tickets directly through our office
If you book and pay for tickets directly through our office (a service open to our Patrons and selected other supporters) and your payment is by card, the processing of your payment is covered by section Credit and debit card details. If you have paid by bank transfer or cheque, then your transaction is covered in section 2 of this notice.
Joining our email list
When you consent to joining our email list, your email address will be held on Wordfly, a secure email marketing database that is compliant with the latest EU data protection regulations.
We are not responsible for the practices of websites other than our own (www.oae.co.uk).
What do we use your data for?
We use your data to:
- provide the most efficient service for you;
- send you information, if we have your consent, about future events and other activities which may be of interest;
- update you about changes to our website;
- monitor representation amongst our audience in accordance with our public subsidy (for which purpose we use aggregated data, which may be shared with other relevant organisations);
- process your purchase, where applicable;
- ask you questions about your experiences.
We will not disclose any information which you give us beyond our Southbank Centre consortium partners and partners under contract in accordance with the arrangements which we have with them. More details about this are set out below in 6. How we share your data.
We will only hold such information as is required to provide the services which you have requested or to which you have consented.
How do we store your data?
Your data will be kept confidential. Personal data is always stored on password protected computers only available to members of staff with a login. Personal data on hard copy is stored in locked cupboards. We also store bank and other payment details in secure systems as appropriate.
What is the lawful basis for processing your data?
We will only send you marketing communications if we have your consent to do so.
How long do we retain your data?
The personal data we collect are evaluated annually to determine whether they are current and still need to be held. There may be legal requirements that require us to retain your data e.g. tax regulations and the Charities Act 2011. If you are on our email or mailing list and do not respond to communications from us for four years, we will not contact you again unless you re-activate your engagement with us.
How do you opt out?
Any consent which you have given for the use of your information may be withdrawn at any time, either by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email which you have received, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 7239 9370.
What are your rights?
You have the right to:
- request a copy of the information we hold about you;
- withdraw any consent which you have given relating to your personal data;
- update or amend any incorrect information we hold about you;
- ask us to stop processing your personal data and/or to remove it from our records;
- raise a concern regarding how your information is being used;
- make a complaint at any time by emailing the Communications Department on the email address below;
- lodge a complaint relating to the use of your personal data with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you have any questions or comments about data processing which relates to audiences and ticket-buyers please contact the Communications team on email@example.com.